From the President's Desk....
National Ag Day is recognized every year thanks to the efforts of the Agriculture Council of America. The 2022 date marks the 49th anniversary of this event, which occurs during the larger celebration of National Ag Week.
WCF Financial Bank appreciates the importance of farmers and their families. First and foremost, farmers create a significant amount of economic activity that benefits us all. Here are a few data points from 2020 reflecting the impact of farming on our nation’s economy:
- $134.7 billion of on-farm economic output.
- $920.3 billion of off-farm economic output from related industries.
- 2.6 million on-farm jobs.
- 17.1 million off-farm jobs that support the agricultural industry.
Beyond their economic impact, which is especially important here in Iowa, farmers help us in a variety of other ways, including:
- Providing food to our nation – each American farm feeds 166 people annually!
- Conservation of our most important resources, including the soil, water, and air.
- Providing non-food products for fuel, clothing, plastics, and cosmetics, to name a few.
Your friends and neighbors at WCF Financial Bank are proud to support our local farmers. Please join us in thanking farmers for everything they do – and not just on National Ag Day or during National Ag Week, but throughout the entire year.