From the President's Desk...
Saturday, November 26, the first Saturday after Thanksgiving, is designated as “Small Business Saturday”. On this day people are encouraged to shop locally for their holiday gift giving needs.
You may ask yourself, “what difference does it really make?”. After all, it’s easy to understand the convenience of shopping online with Amazon, and having your order arrive at your doorstep a few days later. Here are a few factors for you to consider before clicking online to purchase that next gift:
- Dollars spent locally stay and are re circulated in the local economy.
- Local small businesses create two out of every three new jobs annually in the US.
- Local business owners are committed to providing better customer service.
- Sales taxes generated by shopping locally are reinvested locally.
- Buying local is better for the environment.
- Local business owners are experts who provide personalized solutions just for you.
These are just a handful of reasons why buying local is the best option. So, remember on Small Business Saturday, as well as throughout the entire year, to buy local, stay local, and of course, to bank local.